PRIVATE CU CHI TUNNELS BY CAR
Pick-up time: 8:00 AM or 1:00 PM
Lasts 5 Hours
Depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi Tunnels (Ben Duoc), where is just 70 kilometers far away from Ho Chi Minh City. Cu Chi is now considered a heroic and strategic battlefield for its crucial role in the anti-American war in Vietnam. It has become a legend because of its 220 kilometer-long underground-tunnel network system. Today, it’s a popular spot for both Vietnamese and foreigners to visit.
The peacefully rural rice paddy field scenery is home to ducks and water buffalos swimming in the rivers along the side of road. You will find it hard to imagine the destruction that damaged all over the area caused by bombs and mines when Cu Chi was a "Free Target Zone." The remnants in Cu Chi are indeed the truest evidences of the intense battle that took place and the brutality of the 21 years-Vietnam War.
Visitors will arrive at Cu Chi tunnels after a drive of nearly 2 hours. Our tour guide will give you an overview introduction of Cu Chi and its legendary history. A documentary film about the tunnels will explain you about the tunnels histories and how fierce the war was in those years. You will be guided to the tunnels system including the weapon factory, hospitals, kitchens and crawl under the endless tunnels.
At the end of the tour, our car will take you back to Ho Chi Minh City.
FOR PRIVATE TOUR:
PRICE PER PERSON
WHAT SHOULD WE DO
- See a self-contained underground city at Cu Chi War Tunnels.
- Learn all about the ingenious techniques of living underground for days, months and years from the first day that the tunnel formed to the end of Vietnam War.
- You can look for firing real wartime rifles and machine guns.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Learn the struggles of life in wartime Vietnam firsthand when you go below ground in the notorious Cu Chi Tunnels. See how soldiers and civilians lived through the conflicts and the ingenious methods used to conceal themselves.
- An extremely complex tunnel system, the Cu Chi network covers a wide area of countryside near to Ho Chi Minh city and was an excellent way for the Viet Cong to move underground, undetected by American forces.
- The Cu Chi tour starts with an introductory video detailing its long 25-year construction. Then it is time to go underground in the infamous 120-mile Cu Chi tunnel system which offered a safe haven for soldiers and thousands of Vietnamese people during the Vietnam War.
- On display are booby traps, the remains of an US army tank and huge craters left by American B52 bombs. You will be able to admire lots of compelling photos and personal effects left behind.
- There is also the chance to take part in your own "HUNGER GAMES" and fire an authentic AK rifle used during the war (magazines's fee is on your own).
WHAT TO BRING
- Free Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off (District 1 and District 3 - some exclusion apply)
- AC car
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees, bottle of water