PRIVATE CU CHI TUNNELS BY CAR
Depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Cu Chi Tunnels, just 60 kilometers away from Ho Chi Minh City. Cu Chi is now considered a heroic district for its role in the anti-American war in Vietnam. It is legendary for its 220 kilometer-long tunnel system and is a popular spot for both Vietnamese and foreigners to visit.
The peacefully rural rice paddy scenery is home to ducks and water buffalos swimming in the rivers along the side of road. You will find it hard to imagine the destruction and damage all over the area caused by bombing and mines when Cu Chi was a "Free Target Zone." The remnants in Cu Chi are evidence of the fierce battle that took place.
Visitors will arrive Cu Chi tunnels after a drive of 1,5 hours. Our tour guide will give you an overview introduction of Cu Chi and its legendary history. A documentary film about the tunnels will explain you about the tunnels histories and how fierce the war was in the area. You will be guided to the tunnels system including the weapon factory, hospitals, kitchens and crawl under the tunnels.
At the end of the tour, the bus will take you back to Ho Chi Minh City.
FOR PRIVATE TOUR:
PRICE PER PERSON
* What You'll Do
- See a self-contained underground city at Cu Chi War Tunnels
- Learn all about the ingenious techniques of living underground for days on end
- If you choose, fire a real wartime rifle
Learn the struggles of life in wartime Vietnam firsthand when you go below ground in the notorious Cu Chi Tunnels. See how soldiers and civilians lived through the conflict and the ingenious methods used to conceal themselves.
* What to Expect
- An extremely complex tunnel system, the Cu Chi network covers a wide area of countryside near to Ho Chi Minh city and was an excellent way for the Viet Cong to move underground, undetected by American forces.
- The Cu Chi tour starts with an introductory video detailing its long 25-year construction. Then it is time to go underground in the infamous 120-mile Cu Chi tunnel system which offered a safe haven for soldiers and thousands of Vietnamese people during the Vietnam War.
- On display are booby traps, the remains of a US army tank and huge craters left by American B52 bombs. You will be able to admire lots of compelling photos and personal effects left behind.
- There is also the chance to play real war games firing an authentic AK rifle used during the war.
* What to Bring:
- Sun cream
- Mosquito spray
- Air-conditioned bus
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees, 2 bottles of water/pax.